Cookies are small files which are downloaded to your computer or phone when you visit a website. They allow our website to recognise your computer or phone and help you navigate more efficiently around the site. We use two kinds of cookies. The first is essential if you are to access secure areas and register, book and pay online. The second collects information anonymously so that we can improve how our website works, for instance where error messages occur.
You can manage and/or delete cookies if you wish. If you do disable our cookies you may find that certain sections of our website do not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or viewing articles.
If you wish to manage or delete cookies, you do this in your internet browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
- In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck at ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Click on the ‘wrench’ icon on the browser (usually found top-right corner) to open the tools menu
- From the tools menu select ‘Options’
- Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab from the menu on the left.
- In the ‘Privacy’ section, select the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies: select ‘Allow local data to be set’ option
- To disable cookies: select ‘Block all cookies’ option
Safari on Mac OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security'
- To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
- Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
- Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider